Crack In Foundation Wall
When it comes to foundation cracks, the consequences are numerous—uneven floors, wall cracks, or a tilting chimney are just a few that may appear due to a cracking foundation.
But we’re committed to helping homeowners prevent this type of damage. Bay Area Underpinning provides leading foundation repair services, committed to preserving the stability of your home and the safety of your loved ones.
What Are Foundation Wall Cracks?
Cracks in the foundation of your home should not be treated as surface issues. These splits will affect the entire living space if left unchecked.
From thin, barely visible streaks to wide gaps, these cracks are often warnings of an underlying problem with the foundation. Given Northern California’s distinctive climate and soil properties, foundation cracks are common, and they need to be addressed quickly.
What Causes Cracks in Foundation Walls?
A multitude of factors lead to cracks in foundation walls. Here are the most common ones we’ve seen:
- Shifting Soil: The ground beneath your house isn’t always stationary, especially after a heavy storm when erosion occurs. Uneven shifting causes the foundation to move and leads to cracks.
- Clay-Rich Soils: Soil that’s dense with clay can expand with moisture changes, exerting great pressure on foundation walls and potentially causing cracks.
- Underground Water Pressure: Inadequate yard drainage results in water building up underground. Eventually, it pushes against foundation walls. Over time, this pressure makes the walls bow and crack.
Understanding these triggers gives you an edge against them. Catching them early and taking the proper steps will help you avoid major home damage!
Can You Fix Cracks in Foundation Walls?
Yes, cracks in foundation walls are repairable, but be sure to avoid DIY methods. They don’t actually solve the problem.
Instead, work with a professional team. Bay Area Underpinning provides a customized approach suited to the unique challenges your home faces. Here’s what we offer:
Our foundation piers are designed to extend under your home’s foundation, transferring the building’s weight to stable soil strata, effectively countering any settlement that might be causing cracks. Our solutions include helical piers, push piers and slab piers.
How to Repair Cracks in Foundation Walls
- Expert Evaluation: Our foundation repair specialists will perform a comprehensive inspection to pinpoint the root causes and recommend the most suitable repair strategies for your property.
- Implementation of Repair Strategies: Following a precise diagnosis, our targeted foundation repair methods are applied to resolve the issues decisively.
- Waterproofing Measures: For homes with crawl spaces, we provide repair techniques to prevent water-related damage below your home.
Why Repair Foundation Wall Cracks Now?
Foundation cracks will only deteriorate if ignored; thus, addressing them helps you avoid the flowing issues:
- Cracks can deepen and expand, necessitating more elaborate, expensive fixes later.
- Moisture entering through cracks can foster mold growth, affecting the air quality inside your home.
- Alterations in the foundation may cause doors and windows to be stuck.
- Neglecting these issues might ultimately compromise your home’s structural soundness.
Don’t delay—reach out to Bay Area Underpinning immediately for a complimentary inspection and estimate.
Choose Bay Area Underpinning for Dependable Foundation Wall Repair
With over twenty years of experience, Bay Area Underpinning enables homeowners in Northern California to confront foundation issues with confidence. Our skilled team is ready to assess your foundation and suggest personalized, cutting-edge solutions.
Contact us today for a free, no-obligation evaluation of your foundation wall crack issue. Ensure the safety and durability of your home with our expert service.
The repair time can widely vary based on the severity of the crack, the chosen repair method, and even local weather conditions. Typically, the repair of foundation cracks can be done within a couple of days, but extensive damage may need a week or more to be properly mended. For the most efficient foundation repair methods, it’s best to work with a professional like Bay Area Underpinning.
Most of the time, homeowner’s insurance does not cover the most common foundation problems. However, if the cracking is a result of an insured event, such as certain natural disasters, there may be a possibility for coverage. It is essential to examine the details of your insurance policy and speak with your insurance provider to understand your coverage.
Handling minor cracks might seem doable, but foundation repair is typically beyond the scope of a DIY project. Inaccurate repairs can exacerbate the issue. Given Northern California’s distinctive environmental factors, professional evaluation and repair by a company like Bay Area Underpinning are strongly advised to ensure a proper and lasting fix.
Last Modified Date: