Crawl Space Repair San Jose, CA
If you’re looking for crawl space repair in San Jose, CA, don’t hit that back button because you’re in the right place. At Bay Area Underpinning, we’ve been helping homeowners in San Jose with crawl space foundation repair since 2005.
If you have a problem with your home’s crawl space, contact us today for a free inspection and estimate.
Request your free estimate
Causes Of Crawl Space Foundation Problems
When you have problems in your crawl space, your home may have signs of settlement even though there’s nothing wrong with your foundation. Spongy floors, furniture that shakes as you walk by, and doors and windows that don’t easily open and close are a few common signs of a sagging crawl space.
Crawl space foundation problems happen for various reasons including,
- Your home’s interior crawl space support posts were installed in expansive soil. Expansive soil swells as it absorbs water and then shrinks by that same amount when it dries out. This seasonal swelling-shrinking cycle creates movement and can cause support posts to settle.
- There’s excess water in the soil around your home’s foundation that isn’t able to drain off. Water gets into the crawl space and softens the ground supporting the pier blocks.
- There’s deterioration in the screw jack base. This can happen when the screw jacks were improperly installed and don’t have protection from corrosion.
- Bad design. Sometimes, the design didn’t include enough support for the floor.
Crawl Space Foundation Repair Methods
We use screw jacks to repair sagging crawl spaces. They come in various sizes and weight capacities. Because the existing piers blocks are usually in good shape, they probably won’t need to be replaced. We just remove the posts or deteriorated screw jacks and then replace them. Once we do that, the floor can be lifted and leveled.
Benefits of Using Screw Jacks
- Screw jacks are versatile and allow us to adjust floors in areas where access is limited, like crawl spaces.
- Screw jacks are easy to install and eliminate the need to cut new wood posts if the crawl space needs to be serviced for leveling.
- Screw jacks can be easily adjusted if necessary.
Crawl Space Repair in San Jose
At Bay Area Underpinning, we’ve been repairing crawl spaces in San Jose since 2005. So, rest assured you’ll be in good hands, and repairing your crawl space will be a stress-free event that will stabilize your home for many years to come.
For a free crawl space inspection and repair estimate, fill out the contact form at the top of this page.