Concrete Lifting Vacaville, CA
Are you dealing with an ugly, sunken concrete slab – sidewalk, driveway, pool deck, garage floor, etc. – in Vacaville? If you need a helping hand with concrete leveling and lifting (polyurethane foam injection) in Vacaville CA, don’t hit that back button!
At Bay Area Underpinning we’ve been working hard to repair and replace foundations, and lift concrete slabs in Vacaville, CA since 2005.
We know. Sunken slabs are a real eyesore. Give us a call today and we’ll come out than make them beautiful again in no time flat.
Short on time? Scroll down and check out our customer reviews at the bottom of this page. We’re pretty proud of them!
Sunken Concrete is Both a Safety Hazard and a Liability
Sunken, uneven slabs are more than just ugly. They’re trip hazards, and a liability that could result in injuries and even lawsuits if you’re unlucky. Therefore, this isn’t a repair you want to postpone.
We are able to lift sunken or settled concrete slabs in Vacaville, CA including, but not limited to…
Request your free estimate
Concrete sidewalks and other types of walkways
Interior concrete floor slabs
Concrete pool decks
Benefits of Concrete Lifting via Polyurethane Foam Injection
- It’s a one-time solution. Polyurethane foam weighs next to nothing. This is important because an older method of lifting and leveling concrete called ”mudjacking” uses a heavy cement slurry to lift the slab. This just adds more weight to this soil, and will often cause the slab to sink even more. That means you’ll eventually end up paying for another repair job.
- It’s a cost-effective solution. Concrete leveling and lifting via polyurethane foam injection is easier on the pocketbook than digging up and replacing the slab.
- The repair usually only takes a few hours. Polyurethane foam injection is not a time-consuming fix. It also enables you to use the slab immediately after the repair is complete.
- It’s lightweight. Polyurethane foam won’t burden the soil with additional weight. This is in contrast to mudjacking, which uses a heavy cement slurry to lift the slab.
- It’s an environmentally-friendly solution. Don’t worry. Polyurethane foam won’t release harmful chemicals into the soil.
- Level concrete just looks good! Sunken, uneven concrete is an eyesore.
What Causes Concrete Slabs to Sink or Become Uneven?
Concrete slabs sink and become uneven for a variety of reasons including…
There’s too much water in the soil under the slab. This can cause erosion and leave behind voids that the slab will then sink into.
Weak soil that can’t hold up the slab. Some soils simply aren’t capable of holding up a heavy concrete slab.
Expansive soil. Expansive soil will expand as it soaks up water and shrink as it dries out. Over time, this swelling-shrinking cycle – which is usually seasonal – can cause uneven slabs.
Invading tree roots. You can probably guess how this happens because you’ve seen it many times in your life. The roots push against the slab and cause sections of it to become uneven.
What are the Different Ways to Lift a Concrete Slab?
Traditionally, uneven concrete slabs were fixed either via mudjacking, or by digging up the old slab and pouring a new one. There are drawbacks to these methods though. We’ll explain how they work, and then we’ll show you why polyurethane foam injection is a better solution for lifting and leveling a sunken concrete slab.
Mudjacking involves injecting a cement slurry containing soil, water, and cement under the slab in order to lift it back to its original position. The problem with mudjacking is the weight of the slurry. If the soil under the slab was already having trouble holding up the slab, adding a heavy, cement slurry is only going to cause it to sink even deeper into the soil. This isn’t what you want, obviously.
Replacing a sunken slab means removing the old one and then pouring new concrete. This does work, sort of. It’s not only an expensive fix though, it’s a time consuming one as well. This is because new concrete takes time to dry and cure. That means you’ll be facing some downtime before you can use the new slab. Also, if the old slab sunk because the soil couldn’t support it, the new slab will suffer the same fate.
Of course, we don’t need to tell you that you should never add concrete on top of a slab in order to even it out, right? This will only add even more weight to an already sinking slab.
Polyurethane Foam Injection
Today, Polyurethane foam injection (also known as ‘’slabjacking’’) is the repair method of choice because it’s minimally-invasive, cost-effective, and instead of a heavy cement slurry, uses a lightweight and rapidly-expanding foam to lift the slab. It’s a quick repair, and when it’s done you can start using the slab again right away.
Concrete Lifting Services in Vacaville, CA
We’ve been repairing foundations and concrete slabs in Vacaville CA since 2005. Our mission is to make sure lifting your concrete slab is a stress-free event that provides a cost-effective, permanent fix.
For a free concrete lifting inspection and repair estimate, fill out the contact form at the top of the page.