Concrete Lifting Pittsburg, CA
Searching for concrete lifting in Pittsburg, CA? If you have an ugly sunken sidewalk, driveway, or some other type of slab you’re tired of looking at, we can help! We’re Bay Area Underpinning, and we’ve been lifting sunken slabs since 2005 using polyurethane foam injection.
Uneven concrete slabs are an eyesore. Fortunately, they’re easy to fix using polyurethane foam injection. Most jobs take no more than a few hours.
Short on time? Scroll down and check out our customer reviews at the bottom of this page.
Sunken Concrete is Both a Safety Hazard and a Liability
Don’t wait until someone trips, gets injured, and sues you. If you have an unlevel concrete slab, polyurethane foam injection is a minimally-invasive, cost-effective repair that can make it beautiful again in no time flat.
We are able to lift sunken or settled concrete slabs in Pittsburg, CA including, but not limited to…
Request your free estimate
Concrete sidewalks and other types of walkways
Interior concrete floor slabs
Concrete pool decks
Benefits of Concrete Lifting via Polyurethane Foam Injection
- It’s a lasting solution. An older method of lifting sunken concrete – mudjacking – uses a heavy cement slurry to raise the slab. The problem with this method is the fact that most slabs become uneven because the soil isn’t able to support the weight. If this is the case, adding a heavy cement slurry to the soil isn’t going to help. In fact, the slab could sink even deeper into the soil.
- It’s less expensive than replacing the slab. Lifting a slab via polyurethane foam injection is a cost-effective alternative to digging up and replacing the slab.
- Most jobs take only a few hours. Polyurethane foam injection usually only takes 2-3 hours, and then you can immediately begin using the slab again.
- Polyurethane foam weighs next to nothing. Polyurethane foam is able to lift a sunken slab without adding weight to the soil.
- It won’t leach harmful chemicals into the soil. This makes polyurethane foam injection an environmentally-friendly, green solution.
- Level concrete just looks good! Sunken, uneven concrete is an eyesore.
What Causes Concrete Slabs to Sink or Become Uneven?
Concrete slabs sink and become uneven for a variety of reasons including…
Too much water under the slab. Drainage problems under the slab can lead to soil erosion and voids.
Weak soil that isn’t capable of supporting the slab. Some types of soil simply aren’t strong enough to support something heavy like a concrete slab.
Expansive soil. This is a type of soil that expands when it absorbs moisture, and shrinks when it dries out. Over time, this can cause a slab to become uneven.
Invasive tree roots. You can probably guess how this happens. The roots push against the slab and cause sections of it to become uneven.
What Are The Different Ways To Lift And Level A Concrete Slab?
Prior to polyurethane foam injection, sunken slabs were fixed either by replacing them, or by repairing them using a technique known as mudjacking. Both have their drawbacks though, and that’s why, today, almost all slabs are lifted via polyurethane foam injection, also known as “slabjacking”.
Mudjacking uses a cement slurry to lift the sunken slab. However, the slurry is heavy because it contains cement. If the slab sank because the soil wasn’t able to support it, mudjacking could make the problem worse.
Replacing a slab means digging up the old one and pouring fresh concrete. This isn’t a quick fix because freshly-poured concrete needs time to dry and harden. Also, if the slab sank because of weak soil, the same thing will happen to the new slab. In other words, you haven’t solved the problem.
Something else. You should never pour new concrete on top of a slab in order to even it out. This will only add even more weight to an already sinking slab.
Polyurethane Foam Injection
Polyurethane foam injection (also known as ‘’slabjacking’’) is a fast, minimally-invasive technique for lifting a slab. Most jobs take no more than a few hours. The process involves drilling small holes in the concrete (they’ll be filled in later), and then injecting the foam under the slab. The foam immediately expands, and lifts the concrete. As soon as the repair is finished, you can begin using the slab again.
Concrete Lifting Services in Pittsburg, CA
We’ve been repairing foundations and concrete slabs in Pittsburg, CA since 2005. Our mission is to make sure lifting your concrete slab is a stress-free event that provides a cost-effective, permanent fix.
For a free concrete lifting inspection and repair estimate, fill out the contact form at the top of the page.