Concrete Lifting Hercules, CA
Having problems in Hercules, CA with an unsightly sunken sidewalk, driveway, pool deck, garage floor or some other kind of concrete slab? If so, you’ve landed on the right page. We’re Bay Area Underpinning and if you need assistance with concrete lifting in Hercules CA, we can help you out.
Since 2005, we’ve been busy repairing foundations, and leveling and lifting concrete in Hercules, CA. Yes, uneven concrete slabs are an eyesore. However, we can lift them and make them beautiful again in no time flat! Short on time? Scroll down to check out our customer feedback.
Sunken Concrete is Both a Safety Hazard and a Liability
Uneven concrete sidewalks, driveways, and pool decks are also trip hazards and a liability that could result in injury and legal action if someone gets hurt. So, you don’t want to put this repair on the back burner.
We are able to lift sunken or settled concrete slabs in Hercules, CA including, but not limited to…
Request your free estimate
Concrete sidewalks and other types of walkways
Interior concrete floor slabs
Concrete pool decks
Benefits of Concrete Lifting via Polyurethane Foam Injection
- It’s a long-term solution. Polyurethane foam is lightweight and because of this it doesn’t add more weight to the soil. An older method of lifting and leveling concrete known as “mudjacking” may temporarily lift the concrete. However, the cement slurry used in mudjacking is heavy and adds weight to the soil. If the soil had trouble supporting the concrete before, adding more weight to it is the last thing you want to do.
- It’s a cost-effective solution. Concrete leveling and lifting via polyurethane foam injection is easier on the pocketbook than digging up and replacing the slab.
- It usually only takes a few hours. Polyurethane foam injection is not only a fast procedure, but also allows the slab to be used immediately after the repair is complete.
- It’s lightweight. Polyurethane foam is able to lift a slab without adding extra weight to the soil.
- It doesn’t harm the environment. Polyurethane foam will not release toxic compounds into the soil. Therefore, it’s a green solution you can feel comfortable using. Polyurethane foam will not release toxic compounds into the soil. Therefore, it’s a green solution you can feel comfortable using.
- Level concrete just looks good! Sunken, uneven concrete is an eyesore.
What Causes Concrete Slabs to Sink or Become Uneven?
Concrete slabs sink and become uneven for a variety of reasons including…
Problems with drainage. An excess amount of water can wash away the soil under the slab and leave behind voids.
Weak soil that’s unable to hold up a slab. Not all types of soil are strong enough to withstand the weight of a concrete slab.
Expansive soil. Expansive soil swells when it soaks up water and shrinks when it dries out. Over time this swelling-shrinking cycle – which is usually seasonal – can cause uneven slabs.
Invasive tree roots. You can probably guess how this happens. The roots push against the slab and cause sections of it to become uneven.
What are the Different Ways to Lift a Concrete Slab?
Uneven concrete slabs have historically been repaired in one of two ways. They were either fixed via “mudjacking”, or by breaking up the uneven slab and pouring fresh concrete. However, both of these solutions have their disadvantages.
Mudjacking involves injecting a cement slurry under the slab in order to raise it. The problem with mudjacking is the fact that the cement slurry isn’t exactly lightweight. If the soil was already struggling to hold up the slab, adding more weight to it in the form of a heavy, cement slurry is only going to cause it to sink even deeper into the soil.
Replacing an uneven concrete slab involves ripping the old one up and then pouring fresh concrete. This definitely works. However, it’s costly and time-consuming. Freshly-poured concrete needs time to dry and harden. That means you won’t be able to use the new slab right away. Also, if the slab sank because the soil couldn’t support it, the new slab will meet the same fate.
Polyurethane Foam Injection
Polyurethane foam injection (also known as ‘’slabjacking’’) is an inexpensive and minimally-invasive repair technique that injects a lightweight foam under a concrete slab in order to lift it again. It’s a quick repair – most jobs take no more than a few hours – and when it’s done you can immediately start using the slab again.
Concrete Lifting Services in Hercules, CA
We’ve been repairing foundations and concrete slabs in Hercules, CA since 2005. Our mission is to make sure lifting your concrete slab is a stress-free event that provides a cost-effective, permanent fix.
For a free concrete lifting inspection and repair estimate, fill out the contact form at the top of the page.