Concrete Lifting Fairfield, CA
Are you having trouble with a sunken sidewalk, driveway, pool deck, garage floor, or concrete slab? If so, we can help via concrete lifting in Fairfield CA.
We’re Bay Area Underpinning, and for the past 15 years we’ve been repairing foundations and lifting concrete slabs in Fairfield, CA. If you have an unsightly, unlevel concrete slab, we can lift it and make it beautiful again! Don’t forget to check out our customer reviews at the bottom of this page.
Sunken Concrete is Both a Safety Hazard and a Liability
They aren’t just eyesores. Sunken, uneven concrete sidewalks, driveways, and pool decks are also trip hazards. That’s a serious liability that could result in injuries and even lawsuits. Therefore, this is not a repair you want to put off.
We are able to level sunken or settled concrete slabs in Fairfield, CA including, but not limited to…
Request your free estimate
Concrete sidewalks and other types of walkways
Interior concrete floor slabs
Concrete pool decks
Benefits Of Concrete Leveling And Concrete Lifting Via Polyurethane Foam Injection
- It’s permanent. Other methods of lifting concrete – mudjacking, for example – add even more weight to soil that’s already having trouble supporting a slab. Because polyurethane foam is lightweight, it doesn’t add more weight to the soil which means the slab won’t continue to sink. It will remain level.
- It’s cost-effective. Concrete lifting via polyurethane foam injection costs less than replacing a concrete slab.
- It’s quick. With polyurethane foam injection there’s no downtime where you can’t use the slab. As soon as the repair is complete, you’re good to go!
- It’s lightweight. Polyurethane foam is super lightweight and doesn’t add extra weight to the soil. Other methods of lifting concrete such as mudjacking do add extra weight to the soil. If the soil was already having trouble supporting the slab, adding more weight to it via mudjacking won’t help.
- It won’t harm the environment. Polyurethane foam doesn’t release harmful chemicals into the soil. Therefore, you can feel comfortable knowing it’s a safe, green solution.
- Level concrete just looks good Sunken, uneven concrete is an eyesore!
What Causes Concrete Slabs To Sink Or Become Uneven?
Concrete slabs sink and become uneven for a variety of reasons including…
Problems with drainage. When there’s too much water under a slab it can wash away the soil and leave behind voids that the sidewalk, driveway, or pool deck will sink into.
Weak soil that isn’t able to properly support a slab. Some types of soil simply aren’t strong enough to support the weight of a concrete slab.
Expansive soil. This is soil that expands when it soaks up water and then shrinks when it dries out. Over time, this movement in the soil can lead to uneven slabs.
Invasive tree roots. This works exactly as you probably imagine. The tree’s roots push against the slab and cause sections of it to become uneven.
What are The Different Ways to Lift a Concrete Slab?
There were two traditional methods of lifting and leveling a concrete slab, mudjacking, and digging up the old slab and replacing it with a new one. Each method has its own drawbacks though, and as you’ll see, polyurethane foam is the best solution for lifting a concrete slab.
Mudjacking is a procedure that injects a cement slurry under a slab in order to raise it up to where it was before. Yes, it works, at least temporarily. The problem with mudjacking is the fact that cement slurry is heavy. If you put it on top of soil that was already having trouble supporting a slab, this isn’t going to help in the long run. In fact, it could even make the problem worse.
Tearing up an uneven concrete slab in order to pour new concrete is an expensive and time-consuming repair. Freshly poured concrete needs time to cure and harden. That means you won’t be able to use the slab right away after the repair is complete. Also, if the soil was having trouble holding up the slab before, replacing old concrete with new concrete isn’t going to solve the problem.
Of course, you should never pour new concrete onto an uneven slab in order to even it out. That will only add more weight to it, which is not what you want.
Polyurethane Foam Injection
Polyurethane foam injection (commonly referred to as ‘’slabjacking’’) involves injecting a lightweight and rapidly expanding foam under a concrete slab in order to raise it back to where it was. It’s a fast, minimally-invasive repair, and unlike replacing the concrete, there’s no downtime. After the repair is complete you can immediately start using the slab again.
Concrete Lifting Services in Fairfield, CA
We’ve been repairing foundations and concrete slabs in Fairfield, CA since 2005. Our mission is to make sure lifting your concrete slab is a stress-free event that provides a cost-effective, permanent fix.
For a free concrete lifting inspection and repair estimate, fill out the contact form at the top of the page.