Foundation Repair using Steel Piers and Helical Piers
The foundations in California are vulnerable to settlement and failure. This is due to the soil beneath the foundation. During this time of drought, the soul has become so dry that it shrinks, causing the foundation to also shrink and settle. There are many signs in and around your home that indicate that you may have a sinking foundation. Some of these signs are:
- Wall cracks
- Ceiling cracks
- Floor cracks
- Sloping floor
- Sticking doors and windows
- Leaning chimney
- Bowing or leaning walls
- Stair and stoop problems
- Garage column cracks
If you see any of these signs, it is important to have a foundation experts come and inspect your foundation. The experts at Bay Area Underpinning have the experience to come and give you a free inspection and offer you the best foundation repair to fit your needs.
- Steel Piers: These piers are installed with a two-step system that drives the steel piers to a load bearing stratum. When it reaches the load bearing soils, hydraulic jacks lift the entire weight of the structure onto the piers. The structure will be level and stabilized. These piers are an end-bearing pier which means that they do not rely on any type of friction to produce the support that it is installed for. Each pier is individually load tested after installation to assure that they meet all the standards. This ensures maximum weight can and will be supported during the load transfer.
- Helical Piers: These piers are mechanically installed by screwing them deep into the soil. They are closely monitored to assure optimum capacity. Once they reach their capacity location, we install and attach an underpinning steel foundation bracket to the piers. In a carefully maneuvered switch, the weight of the home is transferred onto the piers and then onto the soils below. This will level and stabilize the home for years to come.
The piers that Bay Area Underpinning uses are manufactured by Earth Contact Products (ECP), the very best in the industry. When these piers are used, you can be assured that your home will be leveled and stabilized for many years to come.
Why Use Bay Area Underpinning for Foundation Repair?
Bay Area Underpinning is a recognized leader in foundation repair in the Bay Area including in San Francisco and Sacramento, CA. We are full licensed and locally owned and operated. We provide innovative and guaranteed repairs. Since we are locally owned and operated, we will be there for you from the beginning to the end and afterward to answer any questions or concerns you may have. We take pride in our outstanding reputation that we have established in the Bay Area.
With the experience of our team and with the best piering products used for foundation repair, you can be assured that your foundation repair will last for many years to come. There are many benefits to using steel piers and helical piers. These benefits are:
- Costs less than foundation replacement.
- The repair is done while still being able to be used as normal.
- The equipment is portable and can be easily used in tight spaces.
- Remedies both the cause (unstable soil) and consequences (structure out of level) in one step.
- No heavy equipment
So if you are in need of foundation leveling or need a free inspection, contact the professionals at Bay Area Underpinning. We can help get your foundation back to its original level and stabilized again. Contact us today!