How do I know I need Foundation Repairs and Stabilization?
- Type of soil: Since most of California’s soil consist of clay, the ground absorbs moisture and shrinks during hot, dry conditions. This cause cracks in the foundation.
- Poorly compacted soil: Cut and fill situations should be properly compacted beneath the foundation.
- Soil erosion: Soil erosion can caused by leaky plumbing, poor drainage, and over-watering.
- Transpiration: Maturing tree roots tend to dehydrate the soil, soaking up moisture under the foundation. This leads to soil shrinkage and settlement issues.
- Poor construction: New construction built on poor soil or debris can cause settlement issues over time.
- Poor grading: Poorly graded yards direct water toward the home. With a good drainage system, water is directed away from the foundation.
- Plumbing leaks: Broken underground pipes and leaky plumbing cause soil erosion and expansion.
- Clogged gutters: Gutters filled with leaves and debris block the flow of water. Clean your gutters on a daily basis.
- Homes built down a hill: Homes built on a bottom of a hill could create drainage problems and face water damage.
- Wet, damp crawlspaces: Standing or pooling water around your crawlspace and foundation can cause water damage.
Do any of these situations sound familiar? If you answered yes, then contact Bay Area Underpinning right away to avoid settlement. If you suspect foundation problems, look for the following warning signs in and around your home:
- Floor cracks
- Sloping or uneven floors
- Gaps between wall and ceiling or floor
- Sticking doors and windows
- Rotating walls
- Wall cracks
- Bowed walls
- Leaning walls
- Cracked moldings
- Cracks in brickwork
- Cracked stoop and porch
- Settling garage
- Misaligned doors
If you notice any of these foundation issues, give us a call so we can assess the situation. We’ll apply the latest foundation repair methods to support, lift and stabilize your foundation in California.
Foundation Lifting, Leveling, and Stabilization in California by Bay Area Underpinning
Bay Area Underpinning can stabilize your weak, unstable foundation with the latest underpinning products such as helical piers, slab piers, resistance piers, and push piers. Our products are made by the latest foundation repair manufacturer – Earth Contact Products (ECP).
To get foundation back to normal, we offer the following services:
- Floor leveling: We fix sinking, sloping and uneven floors by applying helical and steel piers.
- Foundation lifting: We raise homes off the ground with steel and helical piers to repair settling foundations.
- Foundation leveling: Soil-related conditions, such as erosion and shrinkage, can cause settlement. Foundation leveling will lift and support the foundation back to its original position to prevent future settlement.
- Foundation stabilization: We apply foundation stabilization to settling foundations caused by poor compaction, soil erosion, overloading, and soil shrinkage. To stabilize your foundation, we install slab piers, helical piers, and resistance piers.
At Bay Area Underpinning, we choose these piers for leveling, lifting and stabilization because they offer unlimited benefits.
- Quick installation with little to no disturbance to the landscape
- Installed in all types of soil
- Applied to limited access areas
- Each pier is loaded tested
- No future maintenance
- Quick installation
- Covered under warranty
- Driven deep into the soil
- No heavy equipment is required
- Each pier is driven while the structure is restored
- Drives deep into the soil to support the structure and foundation
- Little site disturbance
- Portable equipment
- Installed in rocky or dense soils
- Can be installed on concrete slab foundations
- Installed into deep, stable soil to level and stabilize foundations
- Easy, low stress installation
- Increases home’s resale value
- Permanent repair solution
If you have a settling or sinking foundation, give Bay Area Underpinning a call. We use the latest products on the market and provide the best foundation repair service. Our services are designed to lift, support, and stabilize your foundation for many years to come. Call us to get a free estimate.