In order to maintain a solid structure for your home, get foundation leveling and lifting services by Bay Area Underpinning. Our leveling and lifting methods are designed to support and stabilize sinking concrete foundations due to soil-related issues. Since California’s soil mainly consist of clay, your home has the greatest risk of encountering foundation failure. When clay soils become dry, they shrink and form cracks. As a result, gaps form around and underneath the foundation. Water penetrates the gaps, causing soil expansion. Other soil-related issues can be caused by:
- Check for plumbing leaks underneath the foundation and crawlspace. This could lead to soil expansion and erosion.
- If you have poor drainage around your home, water can accumulate around the foundation. Make sure you have a working sump pump to direct the flow of water away from your foundation.
- Not watering or over-watering can cause soil expansion underneath your foundation.
- Maturing tree roots and shrubs can be planted too close to your foundation. This can dehydrate the soil and cause soil shrinkage.
- Dry weather conditions cause the soil to pull away from the foundation. In addition, fluctuating moisture levels produce cracks throughout the home’s structure.
- Clean gutters on a regular basis by removing leaves and debris. This provides a proper roof drainage system.
- Install an adequate waterproofing system to eliminate water seepage.
- Install the proper downspouts.
- Maintain a good moisture level by installing an irrigation system.
Improper Building Site
- Soil with debris and organic material, such as buried trees and rubble, can cause settlement issues.
- New construction homes built on improperly stabilized soil can cause unexpected movements and shifting underneath the foundation.
It is important to know and understand the cause of your uneven foundation, so we can fix the problem. This will save you time and money in the long run. Our team of experts can inspect your property and determine the best solution for your settling foundation. We offer two foundation leveling and lifting methods to correct the symptoms of your sinking foundation. We use steel piers and helical piers. Both piers are beneficial repair methods designed to improve the integrity of your existing structure and restore the value of your property. We level and lift your foundation back to its original position.
- Quick, easy installation process that uses portable equipment
- Little to no vibration
- Can be installed in all weather conditions
- Installed in limited access areas
- Each pier is field load tested during the installation process
- Immediate loading
- Consists of heavy duty steel
- Installed year-round
- Corrosion free
- Quick installation for limited access areas
- Little disturbance to work area
- No vibration during installation process
- Installed in all weather conditions
- Supports and stabilizes the structure’s load-bearing walls by transferring the structure’s weight to stable soils onto the piers
- Installed in high water tables
Bay Area Underpinning offers foundation leveling and lifting products made by Earth Contact Products (ECP). ECP is the leading manufacturer in the foundation repair industry, so you get the latest products on the market. We lift, level, and stabilize foundations in California.
Floor Lifting for the Bay Area
Uneven and sagging floors are serious issues that need immediate attention. If you have sinking floors and other settlement issues, contact our experts today. We offer floor lifting for the Bay Area. We repair sunken, settling, and uneven floors in your home or business by using the latest floor lifting solutions on the market. Not only are sinking floors unsafe, they are indicators that you may have foundation failure. Look for other warning signs such as:
- Misaligned windows and doors
- Foundation cracks
- Wall cracks
- Bucking floors
- Cracks in brickwork
- Gaps around windows and doors
- Doors hard to open and close
- Water seepage and puddles
- Leaning or tilting chimneys
If you have any of these signs, contact Bay Area Underpinning before your settlement gets worse. Our team of experts are trained to identify what is causing your foundation issues and provide an effective solution to eliminate your foundation problems. Some causes of foundation failure are due to soil-related issues such as:
- Soil erosion
- Soil compaction
- Too much or too little moisture
Whatever is causing your settlement, we offer floor lifting techniques made by Earth Contact Products. These products include helical and steel piers. Both products offer a multitude of benefits that includes:
- Both piers can be installed year-round
- They are permanent leveling, lifting, and stabilizing solutions to fix foundation issues
- Little to no disturbance during the installation process
- Installation process is faster than any other foundation repair method
- Can be applied inside or outside of the home
- Covered by manufacturer’s warranty
For floor leveling in California, contact Bay Area Underpinning today. Our techniques are designed to improve the integrity of your structure. We will level, lift, and stabilize the structure of your home. Our services are not limited to residential projects. We also repair commercial structures as well. Our service area includes the following cities: Oakland, Fremont, Lafayette, San Francisco, Richmond, Orinda, Walnut Creek, and the surrounding areas. Contact us today for a free estimate.