What to Look for in Local Underpinning Companies
When you are looking for a foundation contractor to handle foundation repair in your Bay Area home, you will have the opportunity to choose from a variety of underpinning companies. Foundation repair is a big job, and deciding who should handle yours is no small task. While most underpinning companies use similar products, there are some certain characteristics that you should look for when choosing a contractor to handle your foundation problems.
When choosing the right foundation contractor for your home, keep in mind the following tips:
- Look for Referrals/Reviews: Ask you friends and family or other people who have had recent work done if there is anyone they recommend or anyone they would not advise. Also, be sure to look online. Yelp, the BBB, and HomeAdvisor are great places to find honest reviews of local companies. The more positive feedback you can find about a company, the more likely you will be satisfied with their work.
- Ensure They are Licensed: It is important that the company you hire is properly fully licensed. Be sure to verify that whatever company you hire is licensed by the state of California, and is willing to obtain any permits required for the work they will be completing.
- Check the Company History: Customer testimonials can tell you a lot, but the length of time the company has been operating is another way to determine whether or not they are successful and perform quality work. The longer a company has been open, the better chances that they are a legitimate and professional company. It is also important to look at how much experience the company and the team members that will be working on your home have in the foundation repair and underpinning industries.
- Look at Payment/Financing Options: Be sure that the company fully explains their terms of payment to you. Any company that leaves out details about the payment process may not be honest or reliable.
These are just a few of the things to look for when trying to decide which underpinning company to hire. If you are not certain about the first quote that you receive, do not hesitate to seek out another for comparison. Bay Area Underpinning provides free estimates for foundation repair jobs throughout the bay area – call us now to learn more about our company and the foundation repair options that we offer.
Red Flags to Look for in Foundation Contractors
Just as there are things you want to see in a foundation contractor, there are also things that you definitely do not want to see. If you see any of these red flags, strongly consider choosing another company:
- Lack of Testimonials – if a company does not have any positive reviews, it is either because it is very new or performs very low-quality work.
- Failure to Apply for Permits – if the foundation repair being done to your home requires permits and the company fails to apply for them, it is a sign that that company is not reputable.
- Pressure or Scare Tactics – choosing a foundation contractor is a big decision, and while it is important to get repair underway as soon as possible, no company should use scare tactics to pressure you into choosing them.
If you have a bad feeling about a particular foundation repair company due to any of the above reasons, you should examine your other options. If you end up with shoddy foundation repair work, your foundation and home may develop further issues. This only leads to more bills for you and could result in serious structural damage to your home. Avoid this problem by choosing the right foundation repair contractor to begin with.
Why Choose Bay Area Underpinning for Foundation Repair?
In the bay area of California, Bay Area Underpinning is one of the leading foundation repair companies. Our team specializes in a variety of different underpinning and foundation repair techniques to take care of settlement, cracking, and other issues with your slab foundation. Our family-owned-and-operated business is dedicated to giving you both quality work and quality repairs. See what some of our customers have to say about us below!
Still wondering why you should choose Bay Area Underpinning? We offer many benefits, including the following:
- Licensed Professionals in California
- BBB Accredited with A+ Rating
- Local, Family-Owned Company
- Residential & Commercial Solutions
- High-Quality Products from ECP
- Multiple ECP Award Winners
- Professionally Trained Team
- Financing Options Available
Our crew uses only top-quality products from ECP (Earth Contact Products), the leading supplier of foundation repair and piering products in the country. Visit our Facebook page to find more reviews, or contact us today to get a free quote on foundation repair. Our team will work hard to make sure that all of your foundation problems are repaired properly in a timely manner.