Foundation Repair in the Bay Area
Most of the foundation problems in the Bay Area are a result of the expansive clay soils. These soils, that are found in the Bay Area will expand when wet and shrink when dry. This constant expanding and shrinking will cause the foundation of your Bay Area home to also shift along with the shifting of the soil. Earthquakes also play a role in the cracking and shifting of foundations in the Bay Area.
The experts at Bay Area Underpinning can come and inspect your home for any signs of foundation problems. Some of these signs are:
- Leaning chimney
- Floor cracks
- Drywall cracks
- Sticking doors and windows
- Leaning or bowed walls
- Cracks in stoop and porch
- Misaligned doors
- Ceiling cracks
- Gaps around doors and windows
After inspection, the professionals at Bay Area Underpinning will find the best solution for your foundation repair in the Bay Area. We have the products and expertise to get your foundation back to its original level and stabilized again.
Foundation Repair Solutions in the Bay Area
- Push piers – These piers are driven deep into the ground through the unstable soil layers until they reach a solid soil layer. After they are installed, each pier is individually load tested. After testing, the entire weight of the structure is lifted onto the piers using hydraulic jacks, and the structure will be back to its original level and stability.
- Helical piers – Helical piers are an excellent choice for foundation repair when light structural loads, unstable rock basement or very deep load bearing layers are present. These piers look like a very large screw and just like push piers, they are driven deep into the ground until they reach a solid soil layer. Then after load testing each one, the entire weight of the structure is lifted onto these piers to level and stabilize the structure.
- Slab piers – Slab piers are used when a home or structure is on a concrete slab. They are a slender steel slab pier that uses the weight of the slab and surrounding structure to resist the force of the pier pipe that is driven to a load bearing soil layer.
- Helical tieback anchors – If your home has bowing or leaning walls, helical tieback anchors are used to pull the wall back to its original level. These helical tieback anchors also give strength to the wall so it will not bow or lean in the future.
All of the foundation repair products we use for foundation repair in the Bay Area are manufactured by Earth Contact Products (ECP), the leader in the manufacturing of foundation repair products in the industry.
Your home is a big investment and it is important to keep it structurally sound. That is why it is important that at the first signs of a foundation problem, that you have a professional from Bay Area Underpinning come and give you a free inspection. We have many years of experience and use only ECP products for foundation repair in the Bay Area. We are a locally owned and operated business so you will be getting the personal attention that you deserve. We take pride in the outstanding reputation we have built and intend to keep it that way.
Don’t hesitate to contact Bay Area Underpinning today and let us give you a free estimate and then provide you with a written proposal so that you will know what we will be doing and what the cost will be. Don’t hesitate, contact us today!